a bold move

My friends show up for me, every day, again and again.  And I'm so thankful.  

This time a dear friend trekked out to the new house on a random day off to help me paint the kitchen dark green.  A kitchen with no clean running water.  It's frivolous but she made it essential.  Because feeling like there is progress happening creates progress.  And because amazing women help each other be amazing. 

We explored and I saw more things that needed to be fixed and she encouraged me by spotting the potential.  We sat and listened to the birds and imagined our kids playing in the field.  And together we painted small sections of the kitchen walls dark green-- pewter green of Emily Henderson Portland House fame. 



As you can see, it's WAY darker in person than it photographs by Emily's professionals... but it is accidentally still perfect and we decided to make a bold move.  It's beautiful and it's progress and I love it.

Comments