a little encouragement

I'm so grateful to my mom, who is helping us with small garden beds while we are under water in this renovation project.  Today we finished 3 full beds with seeds and seedlings.  

As I proclaimed on an Instagram post the other day, she not only helped us plant tomato and other veggies in the new beds, she even took pictures on an actual digital camera to send back to me.  Encouragement and positivity.  One of the most vital ways that I feel loved, and thanks to my friends and family for knowing this about me.



She says the second pictures is her new favorite place to sit.

I'm also not afraid to encourage myself with some affirmations from time to time.  No shame in the motivational game.


Speaking of chalkboards, the chalkboard wall at the house is coming along, too!  My sweet friend came out one afternoon to help with the trim and the first couple of coats since the contrast makes every little detail visible.  The junction box has been removed and will soon be filled in so I can finish the painting.  The matte black is bold but it will be fun and the big mirror we inherited from the sellers will help to bounce light around the room.



Meanwhile, the rest of the house is still wreck and we are trudging through rounds of inspections and minor progress.  We hope this week will be the lynchpin with electrical and water and things really start to fall in place.  Ever hopeful, ever fearful... it all goes together now.

Comments