speeding up

So we move in 2 weeks.  The house is not ready, but we are taking the plunge.  We are nearly packed and the change is coming.

Over the weekend we visited the house with another friend and it was such sweet encouragement.  He joked that we had plenty of space for a driving range and putting green; he showed our kids how to hit golf balls around while we tinkered.  The drywall guys were there working hard to install sheetrock and subfloors were nearly in.  A lot of progress has happened in a short time and I'm so relieved.  It almost looks like a house inside.  And outside I even cleaned out the shed so it's more organized and accessible, instead of just piles of dusty and questionably useful junk from 40 years of the sellers' homestead.

Kevin managed to fix the busted zero-turn mower that had blown a belt (and burned through another part), so he's feeling pretty proud of himself!  He also mowed on the riding tractor with a very happy and proud Finley on his lap.  Those are the moments that make it seem worth it.



We ran water (actual water!!) from the well with a hose and that felt promising, too.  The lovely folks from the county will test tomorrow and the well project is nearing completion.  I'm still afraid to count on it being done but it's very very close.  We will chlorinate once more when all the pipes are connected and then I can CLEAN the house.

Over the weekend we ordered sun protection and work clothes to keep ourselves going through the summer. Today I bought a couple of cheerful, perennial hibiscus to keep in pots on the deck and in the sunroom. It's funny to do these little things when the other projects are so big, but it helps make it feel real.

I remain grateful for my Kevin's enthusiasm, the encouragement from friends, advice and effort from my mom, time from my in-laws, and the inspiration that this house brings every time we visit.

It's time to move on, it's time to get going... what lies ahead I have no way of knowing.  But under my feet baby grass is growing. Yeah, it's time to move on; it's time to get going. 

Comments