double sconce

I think I need to get back in the spray paint game.

There's an old shiny-brass-milky-ridged-bell-shade double sconce that was mounted in the boys' room and removed for paint.  Now wires are sticking out of the wall, which is a separate problem, but we're not sure what light to put back up there.

In the long run I think the double sconce would be cute over some desks or a work area for the boys to share when they are older.

Can you picture it?  Here's inspo from Rejuvenation.

Image result for double sconce over desk

But colorful, so something like this:



Except that costs $500, and I don't even want to know what Rejuvenation charges.

So I could try painting this one for $50 instead?



Or could I spray paint the one we have and find funky cage shades to go over Edison bulbs?

We don't have a ton of margin for DIY until the professional contractors are done (someday), but this one is tempting and pretty simple to do.  I love that we could add a big pop of color on that wall.  (Yeah, I said pop of color, sue me.)

Comments