sandy

The floors are sanded and pine grain showing through.  The bathroom is glowing.  It looks light and bright and new.



I hated 3/4 of the floor stains they tested for me yesterday, so we're going with the 1/4 called "Fruitwood," which looks relatively neutral and I think will tie well with all the other finishes in the house.  I asked for a satin poly whenever they do that.  I wanted to leave the floors completely natural, like just poly, and the old ones would do great that way, but the new pines are so yellow that I think they need to be toned down.




Whenever they stain it will probably smell terrible and maybe we have to leave.  I don't know.  Part of the struggle of this whole thing, especially for Type A planners, is not really knowing when things are happening until the day they do.  Oh, that happened today. 

Kevin's also working diligently to improve our front stoop situation, which hopefully will look much better by the time we get home today!




Somehow we've stayed mostly on budget with this whole thing, running about $1500 in change orders and $1500 in overages so far.  I think that's pretty darn impressive given the scope and the many many variables in a 220-year-old house.

 
Termite and gopher removal not included. 

Comments