vanity update

I took a design gamble, but to spend LESS money.

Here's the french vintage-chic inspiration from Pinterest that I wanted, but seemed impossible to accomplish by ordinary online shopping.


I decided for a natural wood vanity, the simplest thing to do is get unfinished builder-grade built-ins.  And just see.  They'd be oak, sure, but if I can figure out how to keep them looking unfinished instead of the offensive reddish-honey stain, maybe we'd be OK. (I figured if I hate it, I know from past experience that I can paint it white myself and it would look just fine.) This compares to the exorbitant cost of custom cabinetry or freestanding vanities that I honestly didn't even like that much.  $300 vs. $3000?  An extra zero means it was worth a try.  Many months later, today we finally got the cabs installed and a reality check on the vision.



So how are we doing?  Not bad, I'd say.  Those industrial brass light fixtures and retro metal-edged mirrors will go up last so we can't picture that just yet.  Remember these guys?
Industrial Triangle Shade Bath Light - 2 Light warm_brass

Vintage Fixed Mirror, Large, Brass

But we'll have custom-poured light gray ("Dove Gray") concrete countertops and a more modern widespread chrome faucet.  The countertops will run flat across with no backsplash, so the shiplap is effectively our backsplash.


T6142
We are expecting tile to be installed Monday or Tuesday next week, so it will really start to look like a master bath soon!  I'm nervous about the tile because it takes so much to make it look good.  But I'm confident in the design and we'll keep asking until we get it right.

Comments